FINALLY I can say FALL has arrived!! Happy first day of Fall! Its time for boots, scarves, pumpkin carving and Thanksgiving <insert a Woot?! Woot?!>
We have been so busy! You know how it goes..busy + dinner = ? If you are like me then you want something super simple and delicious for those insanely busy weeks (AND not carry out) We have to reserve our over eating and a complete overthrow of any diet when Thanksgiving comes..You know this is you too.
I’ve created a simple, low carb version of “grilled cheese”! In 10 minutes time you’ll have one of these melty, savory, delicious quesadillas on your plate. We made tomato basil soup to pair with it. Besides who doesn’t like grilled cheese and tomato soup? By the way these are just DIVINE. YUM.
So C’mon Fall bring on your cool weather because some of us want to cuddle on the couch in our husbands warmest socks <I know you totally do this too>, put on Gilmore girls and eat this delicious grilled cheese and hot soup!!
(I tossed a handy printable recipe below!)
Gouda & Shiitake Grilled Cheese Quesadilla
By: The Guiding Spoon
- 8 low carb flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup spinach
- carton of shiitake mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 strips of bacon (thick cut)
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- chipolte gouda (sliced or shredded)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a skillet, cook bacon and mushrooms until bacon is crispy. Remove bacon from pan onto a paper towel lined plate. Turn heat off and add balsamic vinegar to mushrooms and stir until thickened, remove and pour into a bowl.
- Once bacon is cooled, chop into small pieces and set aside.
- Take one quesadilla and top with gouda, spinach, mushrooms and bacon. Top with shredded cheddar cheese and add another quesadilla to cover.
- On medium/low heat add olive oil to skillet and once hot add quesadilla. Let cook 1-2 minutes or until desired color and flip to brown other side.
- Remove from heat, slice into halves or quarters and Enjoy!
- You can create your own flavor combo!
- Use your favorite cheese!
- Great with your favorite soup!