There is nothing more gratifying then making pasta from scratch…seriously. Scratch?? You??? YES, AND QUICKLY. I also know the joy you will get when you successfully make this recipe. You’ll want to do a happy dance..Italian style. When I make pasta I instantly go into my Godfather voice (you would not want to hear it)!
So put on your apron or a messy shirt and <in my best Godfather voice>
LETS MAKE PASTA!
My pasta is boiling-gotta go!! I hope you had fun!
Printable recipe below!
The Guiding Spoon
Homemade Fresh Pasta
Delicious, fresh pasta from scratch, every time!
- 2 cups (and extra to work with) unbleached all-purpose white flour
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 eggs (mixed with fork)
- optional: chopped fresh herbs ( I used finely chopped rosemary)
- a pinch of salt (optional)
- Pile flour onto a clean work space and create a well in the middle
- Add remainder ingredients and mix, slowly incorporating the entire flour
- Once the mixture becomes a mass, use hands to incorporate all flour
- Knead the mixture until it becomes a hard and “play-dough like” in texture
- Form a ball, cover and rest for 30 mins
- Once rested, flour work surface and flatten dough
- Start rolling until dough becomes thin and transparent
- “Serpentine” (see picture below) and slice into desired pasta width (tossing out edges)
- Unroll pasta, sweep with flour and “Crowd Cheers”
- YOU MADE FRESH PASTA!
- If you are using your fresh pasta: Cook time will be around 90 seconds!
- Lay out pasta on a cookie sheet to dry it out
- If you are storing the pasta for a short period: Place in plastic wrap and refrigerate
- Pasta can be frozen and stay fresh if kept in an air tight container
- To cook cold or frozen pasta: Drop in boiling water and add additional cook time
- Pasta can be cut in many ways ( I will be doing a post on pasta noodle techniques soon!)
- If you need egg-free, gluten-free or any other special request shoot me a comment!